I found this recipie in a magazine distributed by the local liquor store. It's a nice change for salmon fillets if you can afford to part with the quality Scotch Whiskey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 oz each (175 g)
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces brown button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup single malt Scotch whisky (such as Glenfiddich)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 20 mandarin orange segments
- 1Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- 2Mix garlic, parsley and 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil; rub salmon with mixture.
- 3Heat remaining olive oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- 4Add salmon and sear for 3 to 4 minutes a side (or until fish flakes easily).
- 5Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 6Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until browned.
- 7Add remaining ingredients to pan and continue to cook until slightly reduced.
- 8Spoon sauce over reserved salmon and garnish with 5 mandarin wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scotch Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.4 mg
- Sodium 317.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 66.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce