Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Little truffle cups have the same decadence as rolled truffles but are simpler to prepare—just mix, pour and enjoy.
- 8 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped 250 g
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, coarse sugar for topping
- Place chocolate in 4 cup glass measuring cup. In small saucepan, heat together cream, butter and corn syrup just until butter melts and bubbles form around edge; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Whisk in Scotch whisky.
- Line mini muffin cups with paper or foil candy cups. Pour about 1 tablespoons chocolate mixture into each; tap tray on counter to settle mixture.
- Sprinkle with sugar. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set and firm. Make ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes about 40 pieces.
- DRY GIN MARTINI TRUFFLE CUPS: Substitute gin for Scotch whisky. Omit sugar topping. Top each cup with shelled pistachio.
- DARK AND STORMY TRUFFLE CUPS: Substitute ginger liqueur or rum for scotch whisky. Omit sugar topping. Sprinkle each cup with chopped crystallized ginger.
- ORANGE BLOSSOM TRUFFLE CUPS: Substitute orange liqueur for Scotch whisky. Omit sugar topping. Sprinkle each cup with thinly sliced candied orange.
- Canadian Living Gifts from Your Kitchen.