A creamy, "risotto"-like porridge made with Steel cut oats(sometimes called Irish or scotch oats). This keeps you going all morning long!
- Combine Oats and Milk in a covered container and soak in fridge overnight.
- Bring oats and milk to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add salt.
- Just before oatmeal reaches your desired consistency, stir in brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl and add more cinnamon and sugar, if necessary.