Recipe by sdyankee
A creamy, "risotto"-like porridge made with Steel cut oats(sometimes called Irish or scotch oats). This keeps you going all morning long!
Top Review by Maven in the Making
I just found Scotch Oats at Costco and made this recipe! Really nice. I forgot to put in the cinnamon but it was really good, even without it! (I'll try to remember next time!) Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup milk (any %)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Oats and Milk in a covered container and soak in fridge overnight.
- Bring oats and milk to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add salt.
- Just before oatmeal reaches your desired consistency, stir in brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl and add more cinnamon and sugar, if necessary.