Top Review by woodland hues
These are good, they're a soft and chewy cookie, wonderfully molasses-y. Easy to make. I came out with 30 cookies. The first cookie sheet I baked had them all running together because I dropped them too close (I glossed over the part that says 2-3" apart) to one another. The second tray was fine. But it didn't affect the great taste or texture! Thanks for posting, Theresa.
- 3⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup melted shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine oats and rasins,sift flour mixture over top.
- Combine remaning ingredients in bowl.
- Pour over dry ingredients,mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2-3 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.