I made these at work today and thought they were pretty tasty. I also liked the fact they were baked, not fried. The bacon was a nice addition too. Prep time includes boiling and peeling the eggs. These can be eaten hot or cold and are nice with a good relish.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Soak the bread in the milk for 1 minute; squeeze dry.
- Combine the bread, sausage meat, raw egg, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin tray; line each cup with a slice of bacon.
- Cover with a layer of sausage mixture; add a hard boiled egg, pointy end up.
- Enclose the egg completely with more sausage meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cooked through.