Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A traditional pub treat that can be prepared ahead, scotch eggs are sausage-covered hard-cooked eggs which are dipped in bread crumbs and baked until golden and delicious served hot or cold. From an old newspaper clipping.
- 3⁄4 cup Russian salad dressing (store-bought, The Russian Tea Room Russian Dressing, or your own recipe)
- 2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 6 eggs, hard-cooked and quartered
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking pan with foil.
- Combine 1/4 cup dressing with sausage; divide into 24 parts and flatten into patties.
- Shape around egg quarters to completely cover.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place on prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes; turn eggs and drizzle with remaining dressing; bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden.