Recipe by Thierry Schwartz
What a quick easy appetizer or snack. These go great when we go camping and are super right out of the freezer. Just pop them in the toaster oven and you have a great quick snack. These are also great warm or cold with a little homemade mustard. WARNING - Some of my friends say they can hear their arteries hardening while eating them...LOL Have fun!
Top Review by falcon802619
Ie made this with my wife twice now the first time was for a party and sorry thy were greasy blobs that people would try then put down. Too big and WAY to greasy. Second time we made changes 3 batches of 4 each , adding syrups to the sausage salt and pepper and spices. This time they were baked. YUMTASTIC ! once the issue of overly engorging the with oil is stopped it becomes a flavor full meal 2 per person . As an appetizer or party food I would cut them into halves and try serving this way. But do skip deep frying sausage has more than enough all on its own.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, well chilled
- 2 lbs sausage meat
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, frying (about a cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggs.
- Divide sausage into 12 equal portions.
- Roll each egg in flour then wrap the sausage around each egg.
- Dip sausage-wrapped eggs into beaten egg and roll in Panko bread crumbs.
- Heat oil to 350F and cook each egg for 4-5 minutes or until sausage is cooked and browned.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm or cool.