Recipe by Chefrey Jeffrey
Scotch Eggs are a favorite hunting, fishing and tailgating breakfast. They’re portable and delicious.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties.
- Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg till completely covered.
- Roll each sausage-covered egg in breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.