- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs good quality pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sausage, sage, parsley, and pepper in a bowl, mix well. Divide into 6 parts. Heat oil.
- Form meat mixture around eggs, sealing well.
- Dredge in flour, dip in egg, and then in cracker crumbs.
- Fry eggs in oil until sausage is cooked through, and eggs are golden brown.
- Place on paper towels. May be kept warm in a 200 degree oven.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Serve with sour cream-horseradish sauce.