Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love these! I made these at Warwick Academy highschool. Somewhere around 1990.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 ounces sausage meat or 2 sausages
- 1 beaten egg, for coating
- very fine breadcrumbs
- deep oil (for frying)
- If using sausages, remove skins and using a little flour; shape each one on a board into a circle large enough to wrap around each egg.
- Coat eggs completely with meat, making sure all the joints are sealed.
- Dip the sausage covered eggs into beaten egg and then toss in breadcrumbs.
- Toss gently to remove excess crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until evenly browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Garnish with parsley, watercress or tomato wedges and accompany with a salad if you want.