Recipe by echo echo
My mother used to make this for a hot lunch or supper when she was rushed for time and it was a favorite with us kids. It has only three ingredients and makes up in minutes. She did it by eye, so the amounts listed are approximate.
Top Review by Chef Mommie
I love all the ingredients so this was a definite treat for me. I used extra sharp cheddar. It does need to be put in the microwave to melt the cheese more. It is the first time I have eaten the soup undiluted. It was very good.
- 20 saltine crackers
- 1 1⁄3 cups cheese, cut into small cubes (American or cheddar)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell tomato soup, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover 2 plates or the bottom of 2 soup dishes with a layer of saltines; scatter with most of the cubes of cheese.
- Heat the soup, adding the rest of the cubes of cheese to the soup and stir until the cheese is mostly melted.
- Pour over the crackers and serve hot.