Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Lemon lovers, come on in! This is a fantastic, easy lemon chicken from Scoozi Restaurant in Chicago. Garlic, shallots and white wine accent this chicken; nice because there's not a lot to detract from the pure lemony taste. I find that there's not a ton of the sauce; if you wish to have extra to drizzle on veggies or whatever, I'd probably double the sauce ingredients. It's good with pasta or roasted potatoes and a nice green veggie.
Top Review by taratee
Great recipe!!! Totally satisfied my lemony,garlicky,italian chicken craving!! The house smelled wonderful!!! I served this with roasted baby asparagus and orzo tossed with a little butter, parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Delish!!!! Thanks for a GREAT recipe!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (single breasts, or, sometimes I like to cut those into halves as well for more of a "strip")
- 1 pinch salt, for each breast
- 1 pinch pepper, for each breast
- 1⁄2 cup flour, for dipping
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lemon zest with the melted butter and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper then dip in flour and pat off excess.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add olive oil and saute chicken breasts smooth side down until lightly brown.
- Turn chicken over and lightly brown the other side.
- Add garlic and shallots and allow to lightly brown.
- Add white wine and allow to reduce.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a full boil, then add juice of 1 lemon, parsley, and butter mixed with lemon zest and swirl in the pan to create the"sauce".
- Taste and adjust seasoning, and serve chicken breasts with sauce.