Recipe by Scootermydaisya
My favorite and the easiest dumplings I have found.
Top Review by Chi-town gal
I tried this over the weekend and was amazed at how easy it is. It's not like mom's, but when I get a craving for some ckn n dmplins, I would definitely make it again. I totally over seasoned it by adding bouillon cubes to the chicken stalk. It made it wayy too salty.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil
- 4 (10 ounce) cans buttermilk biscuits
- 1 dash salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot cover chicken with water add butter, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until done about 1 hour on medium heat. Remove chicken to cool. Pull meat off bones and return meat to the pot. Reheat broth and pinch off biscuit dough into broth. Cook until Biscuits suit you.
- Serve with corn bread. YUM!