- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, divided
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Cornish hens
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter; saute onion and celery until tender.
- Add next 7 ingredients; remove from heat and mix well.
- Place stuffing into cavity of hens.
- Place hens on a rack in a shallow baking or roasting pan.
- Soften remaining butter and spread over the skin of the hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until the juices are clear.