Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These biscuits are very easy and never seem to disappoint. I love to make them whenever my siblings come to visit and serve them with a bit of honey.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (separated)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- Combine 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- With a butter knife, cut butter into thin pieces.
- Stir sliced butter into dry ingredients a little at a time until the mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Pour in milk and egg white.
- Add the remaining flour (1/4 cup).
- Stir again. (The mixture should be slightly thick and elastic).
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Scoop biscuit mix onto the prepared cookie sheet (about 1/4 of the mix per biscuit).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17 - 23 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on your oven) or until biscuits are golden and cooked through.
- Let biscuits cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy (and tell me what you think)!