1/8 Photos of Scones to die for
Ann Arber's Note:
This recipe came from my Joy of Cooking. They are absolutely spectacular.I think I added a bit more sugar. Taste like excellent shortbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425.
- 2Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- 4Cut until size of peas.
- 5Stir in currants or cranberries and rind.
- 6Stir together egg,and cream and dump into dry mix.
- 7Stir til a ball then gently knead five times.
- 8Pat into a round 8" wide,about 3/4" thick.
- 9Cut into 8 or 12 wedges and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Brush tops with cream and sugar and cinnamon if desired.
- 11Bake 12- 15 minutes.
- 12Oh my, then enjoy.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scones to die for
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 248.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of