1/3 Photos of Scones
These scones are quick to make and very moist! Someone gave me the inspiration for this years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Cut butter into little pieces in large bowl.
- 3With pastry blender, mix flour, sugar, and baking powder into butter.
- 4Using fork, quickly and gently stir in milk and yogurt just until dough clings together.
- 5Turn dough onto a floured surface (dough will be STICKY!).
- 6Gently knead in currants, taking care not to overwork dough.
- 7Halve dough and pat each half into a 6-inch circle.
- 8Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- 9Place wegdes on a floured baking sheet, making sure they do not touch.
- 10In a small bowl, beat together the egg yolk and water.
- 11Brush mixture over wedges.
- 12Bake in 400 F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scones
Serving Size: 1 (889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 170.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g