These scones are quick to make and very moist! Someone gave me the inspiration for this years ago.
Make and share this Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut butter into little pieces in large bowl.
- With pastry blender, mix flour, sugar, and baking powder into butter.
- Using fork, quickly and gently stir in milk and yogurt just until dough clings together.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface (dough will be STICKY!).
- Gently knead in currants, taking care not to overwork dough.
- Halve dough and pat each half into a 6-inch circle.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
- Place wegdes on a floured baking sheet, making sure they do not touch.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg yolk and water.
- Brush mixture over wedges.
- Bake in 400 F oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden.