1/4 Photos of Scones
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Best scone recipe EVER, hands down. From Vegan with a Vengeance, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I don't know why I've never made scones before, but this recipe has inspired me to branch out, and try some different flavors, not just plain
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Mix cider vinegar with soy or almond milk and set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- 4Add the oil, soy cream, and milk with vinegar.
- 5Mix until just combined; the dough should be clumpy and not sticky. Even if there is still a light dusting of flour, that's okay.
- 6Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto the greased cookie sheet and pat the tops just a little bit to round them out; sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
- 7Bake 12-15 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom and firm on the top.
- 8Mine were done at 12 minutes on the dot!
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scones
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: