Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Best scone recipe EVER, hands down. From Vegan with a Vengeance, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I don't know why I've never made scones before, but this recipe has inspired me to branch out, and try some different flavors, not just plain
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml sugar (plus an extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml soy cream (I use SILK soy creamer)
- 177.44 ml soymilk (I used unsweetend almond)
- 9.85 ml apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cider vinegar with soy or almond milk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the oil, soy cream, and milk with vinegar.
- Mix until just combined; the dough should be clumpy and not sticky. Even if there is still a light dusting of flour, that's okay.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto the greased cookie sheet and pat the tops just a little bit to round them out; sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom and firm on the top.
- Mine were done at 12 minutes on the dot!
I agree with you. I have her cookbook but never made the scones. Thanks for the photo too. They are out of tis world.