Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Best scone recipe EVER, hands down. From Vegan with a Vengeance, by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I don't know why I've never made scones before, but this recipe has inspired me to branch out, and try some different flavors, not just plain
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (plus an extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy cream (I use SILK soy creamer)
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (I used unsweetend almond)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cider vinegar with soy or almond milk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the oil, soy cream, and milk with vinegar.
- Mix until just combined; the dough should be clumpy and not sticky. Even if there is still a light dusting of flour, that's okay.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto the greased cookie sheet and pat the tops just a little bit to round them out; sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom and firm on the top.
- Mine were done at 12 minutes on the dot!
I agree with you. I have her cookbook but never made the scones. Thanks for the photo too. They are out of tis world.