Recipe by Sara 76
This is the best recipe I have found for plain scones! It is from Flo Bjeilke-Peterson's Country Cooking book, and they come out perect every time. The secret it to hve the tray really hot before you put the scones on.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- extra flour, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Melt butter and pour into flour.
- Add milk gradually, stirring with a knife, until you have a moist dough.
- Turn onto a floured board, knead lightly, then press dough out until it is about 1 inch thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter or glass, and place on a hot floured tray, with each scone touching.
- Bake at 220C for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with chilled butter, and strawberry jam!