- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (for sprinkling on top)
Directions See How It's Made
- stir drys together.
- work in margarine with pastry blender.
- add currants.
- put in wet ingredients (minus 1 tbsp of egg white) and stir with spoon.
- knead 20 times.
- pat out on parchmented round 8" (diameter) pan (about 1 - 1 1/2 inches high).
- brush on egg white and then sprinkle with sugar (too liking, i usually use more than 1 tbsp).
- bake at 400F for 15 minutes (usually has to go a little bit longer though).