Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
"Pork birds." Pork chops stuffed with bacon, onion, raisins, pineapple, and parsley. From "The Art of German Cooking" by Betty Wason (1967).
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup beer
- Cook onions and diced bacon until bacon is crispy.
- Pound pork chops until thin. While pounding, work in flour as well as salt and pepper.
- When bacon is crispy, add parsley, raisins, and pineapple. Remove from heat.
- Spoon bacon mixture onto pork chops, roll up the meat, and fasten with toothpicks or string.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan with a lid. Brown the rolled pork chops on all sides in butter. Add beer (or chicken, pork, or beef stock) and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.