Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
"Pork birds." Pork chops stuffed with bacon, onion, raisins, pineapple, and parsley. From "The Art of German Cooking" by Betty Wason (1967).
- Cook onions and diced bacon until bacon is crispy.
- Pound pork chops until thin. While pounding, work in flour as well as salt and pepper.
- When bacon is crispy, add parsley, raisins, and pineapple. Remove from heat.
- Spoon bacon mixture onto pork chops, roll up the meat, and fasten with toothpicks or string.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan with a lid. Brown the rolled pork chops on all sides in butter. Add beer (or chicken, pork, or beef stock) and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.