1/1 Photo of Schwartzies Hash Browns
1 hr 10 mins
Love comfort food? Tired of dry or tough hash brown casseroles? This one freezes well and is definitely good for any time at all. My sons consider it a staple and fight to get the most. From "The Best of Bridge" cookbooks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g frozen hash browns or 907.18 g potatoes, fresh, chopped and pre-cooked
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 2 (566.99 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml onion, grated (to taste)
- 4.92 ml sea salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml pepper (to taste)
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Thaw frozen hash browns or pre-cook potatoes and chop into 3/8" cubes.
- 3Mix all but the parmesan with the potatoes.
- 4Transfer this mix to a presprayed 9X13 inch baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle the parmesan over the top.
- 6Bake at 350F for 60-90 minutes.
- 7This is moist, and very flavorful. Make the whole recipe, divide it into two pans and freeze one before cooking for a quick side later. Or, double or triple it for a pot luck or office size serving. Everyone will want the recipe, and more.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schwartzies Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.8
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1245.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.5 g