Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a family comfort food. It tastes so good, but needs to be eaten in moderation as it is extremily rich. Serve with sausage or ham and corn. A variation on this dish uses any cream soup for a different flavour.
- 1 kg frozen hash browns
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 60 - 90 minutes until golden brown with crispy edges.
I just LOVE this recipe! I never add the onions or the butter and of course, I always add more cheese than it calls for :) Thanks for posting an awesome recipe that I remember fondly as a child and love making as a Mommy!
My recipe is slightly different as I sprinkle 2 T parmesan cheese on the casserole and I use butter instead of margarine. Great for buffets and it freezes well. Can't go wrong with that