Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
DH made this cocktail for me a few nights ago and I really enjoyed it. It's from my Food & Wine "Cocktails 2006" book and is credited to Jake's Restaurant in Philly. According to the book, Jake's Restaurant makes this drink with Sailor Jerry, a spiced rum flavored with cherry and vanilla.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces spiced rum
- 1⁄2 ounce Cointreau liqueur (or other triple sec)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 ounce grenadine
- 1 orange wedge, for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except the orange wedge and cherry and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Garnish with the orange and cherry.
Delicious!!!! I'm sipping it as I write the review. The flavors are wonderful together. It reminds me of the rum punch we had in the Caribbean. Yum! Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9
Very often when I do a drink that asks for grenadine, I don't use it because it makes it too sweet. But for this one, I used the grenadine and it was great. Wonderful taste. Even DH liked it. Thanks Dr. Jenny :) Made for Photo tag game