Recipe by ReeLani
Shuler's is a very well known restaurant in Michigan with great food. It's nice to have a few of their recipes! Found in March 30, 2004, Detroit Free Press. I've not made this yet.
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces garbanzo beans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 5 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 ounce prepared horseradish
- 1 dash brown ale
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor with steel blade, grind cheddar cheese with garbanzo beans.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and mix in cream cheese, sour cream and butter and beat 'til smooth.
- Add vinegar, salt, sugar, paprika, mayonnaise, buttermilk, horseradish and ale. Beat 'til cheese has a well-mixed and spreadable consistency.
- Chill 'til serving time.
- 12 generous servings, according to the article.
- Great to serve with Schuler's Bar Schips if you can find them in the store.