Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Shuler's is a very well known restaurant in Michigan with great food. It's nice to have a few of their recipes! Found in March 30, 2004, Detroit Free Press. I've not made this yet.
- In food processor with steel blade, grind cheddar cheese with garbanzo beans.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and mix in cream cheese, sour cream and butter and beat 'til smooth.
- Add vinegar, salt, sugar, paprika, mayonnaise, buttermilk, horseradish and ale. Beat 'til cheese has a well-mixed and spreadable consistency.
- Chill 'til serving time.
- 12 generous servings, according to the article.
- Great to serve with Schuler's Bar Schips if you can find them in the store.
Actually, Schuler's is still a very successful restaurant in Marshall, MI. Their food is phenomenal and the cheese spread is still amazing!
I had some difficulty achieving the proper consistency--the result was not a spread--so I left out the milk. However, it tastes great, especially after mellowing a bit. I used mine as a dip for homemade potato chips.
This is wonderful stuff-turned out exactly right! By the way, the wonderful Schuler's is still going strong in marshall, Michigan-I was there this summer and will go back just to eat there! Thanks for posting!