1 hr 10 mins
Shuler's was a very well known restaurant in Michigan with great food. Now that they are no longer in business, it's nice to have a few of their recipes! Found in March 30, 2004, Detroit Free Press with this quote: "Schuler meatballs are tender, not chewy or crispy. To achieve this, use fresh bread crumbs. A couple slices of tender white bread processed in the food processor should do the trick." I've not made this yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large bowl soak bread crumbs in milk for 10 minutes.
- 3Add onions, ground round, ground pork, egg, salt, pepper and parsley; blend together 'til thoroughly combined.
- 4Form mixture into walnut-sized balls and arrange on large trays or baking sheets.
- 5Bake about 20 minutes or 'til cooked through.
- 6To finish place meatballs in a Dutch oven, cover with Schuler's Barbecue Sauce, and heat over medium heat 'til sauce and meatballs are heated through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schuler's Famous Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.9
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 170.8 mg
- Sodium 812.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 40.5 g