Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
May use as is, make mushroom burgers or open-faced burgers. This is REAL good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- Sauté mushrooms and onions in butter till onion is soft but not brown.
- Stir in dry mustard, sour cream and parsley flakes; cook till thoroughly heated (do not boil).
- Make 6 hamburger patties; broil or cook as you prefer.
- Serve topped with mushroom sauce.
I absolutely loved this, but the picky hubby strikes again
The mushroom sauce is ADDICTIVE! I have been trying to find a copycat version of a mushroom burger at our local restaurant (White Spot); this turned to be completely different - It's far better! The sour cream made the difference (instead of say, just cream). I added about 1tbsp of black pepper and a hint of worstershire. My home-made patties are a little fancier, but I think plain hamburger patties would have worked even better - the mushroom sauce should be the centre of attention. Anyhow, great recipe, thank you!
Oh my - these were soo good and easy. I used reduced fat sour cream and canned mushrooms because it was all I had and it tasted just great. My DH loved it as well. I will definitely be adding this one to my rotation of recipes - thanks for a great recipe!