Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a handy little treat to put in lunches, since there is no icing to make a mess, but it has a 'hidden' sweet treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 frozen tart shells
- 3⁄4 cup jam
- Put the first eight ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix at low speed long enough to wet all ingredients.
- Scrape down sides.
- Beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Put 2 teaspoons jam in each tart shell.
- Fill tart shell with cake batter.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until nicely browned.
- If you want to save time, use a white cake mix.