Recipe by Dee514
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (or butter)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds (your preference) or 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (your preference)
- 1 -4 tablespoon water (if necessary)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and margarine.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt, beat well.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, wheat germ and oats.
- With a fork, stir dry ingredients into other ingredients, blend well adding a tablespoon or more of water if necessary to hold ingredients together.
- Drop by teaspoonsfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies slightly, and bake for 10-12 minutes.