Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
From an old Gold Medal article that was saved to an old handmade cookbook. The article suggested other recipes were listed but this is the one she saved and pasted. Designed for lunch boxes, Children's lunches and afterschool snacks says Gold Medal in the article. Posted to De Gustibus at www.dgustibus.com
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups gold medal flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter and the peanut butter together. Add the sugar gradually creaming thoroughly.
- Add the egg to the creamed mixture.
- Sift flour once before measuring.
- Sift the flour, soda, baking powder and salt together and add to the creamed mixture.
- Chill dough well.
- Then form into balls the size of walnut.
- Place on a lightly floured greased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in flour making a criss-cross patter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375F to make about 4 dozen cookies.