Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here is the original recipe from the San Diego Unified School District Food Services Department (printed in the local paper). Does anyone remember these goodies? Brings back memories.....YUM!
- 236.59 ml margarine or 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml shortening, plus
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml shortening, plus
- 9.85 ml margarine or 9.85 ml butter or 9.85 ml shortening
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- 7.39 ml peanut butter
- 22.18 ml very hot water
- Combine butter, sugars, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Mix, creaming well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add rolled oats and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Spread batter into a greased 12-by-18-inch cookie pan with sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Do not over-bake.
- For the glaze: Combine powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Gradually add hot water.
- Spread glaze on warm Peanut Butter Chews.
- Cut while warm.
- Cookies will be of a chewy consistency.