Here is the original recipe from the San Diego Unified School District Food Services Department (printed in the local paper). Does anyone remember these goodies? Brings back memories.....YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter or 1 cup shortening, plus
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons shortening, plus
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1Combine butter, sugars, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- 2Mix, creaming well.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Add rolled oats and mix well.
- 5Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- 6Mix until well blended.
- 7Spread batter into a greased 12-by-18-inch cookie pan with sides.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Do not over-bake.
- 10For the glaze: Combine powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- 11Gradually add hot water.
- 12Spread glaze on warm Peanut Butter Chews.
- 13Cut while warm.
- 14Cookies will be of a chewy consistency.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for School Days Peanut Butter Chews
Serving Size: 1 (1811 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 189.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g