Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I clipped this recipe from our local newspaper. It's easy to make and has a very good flavor.
Make and share this School Boy Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- dried breadcrumbs
- 4 -6 hamburger buns
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned.
- Add chili powder or cumin.
- Add enough water to just cover meat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Stir in bread crumbs, a little at a time, until a serving consistency is reached.
- (Mixture should just begin to hold together, but still be fairly soupy.) Serve meat on buns.
This is better than the loose meat sandwiches in Iowa. Very good with ground turkey. Add some pinto beans,tortillas some lettuce and you have Mexican Muchacho Tacos. Easy and good.