Recipe by NorthwestGal
I found this recipe on the BigOven site, and I thought I would post it here in time for ZWT #7. They are quite easy to make, and one batch will produce about 20 light, meringue-like chocolate treats that will melt in your mouth.
- 200 g superfine sugar (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon powdered chocolate milk mix (like Nesquik)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- In a medium bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Still beating, gradually add sugar and vinegar. The mixture must remain stiff. Add the chocolate powder and cocoa to the egg white mixture, and beat just until the chocolate and cocoa are fully incorporated into the egg white mixture.
- Place little spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 to 16 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.