Recipe by Amandochka
A chocolate chip cake, similar to the Schokino cake mix by Dr. Oetker, which you can't get in North America
Top Review by J. Ko
I made this for PAC Spring 2008. I thought this cake had a very good flavour and was not overly sweet, but the texture was not what I was expecting. I found it quite dry and crumbly; surprising, given the amount of butter and eggs in the recipe.
- 350 g flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- 15 g baking powder (Dr. Oetker Original Backin)
- 200 g sugar
- 1 (9 g) packet vanilla sugar
- 250 g butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 100 g mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking soda into a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugars, then beat in eggs and milk. Add dry ingredients and mix with a hand-mixer on low speed, then increase the speed and beat until glossy, 2 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips evenly.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, then place in oven, on a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Bake for approximately 55 minute.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto the rack to cool completely.