- 1 lb ground round
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) box saltine crackers
- 1 lb margarine (not butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and sauté in 1 stick margarine until very soft.
- Drain and reserve margarine.
- Mix raw pork, ground round, cooked onion, 1/4 box finely crushed cracker crumbs, and 2 eggs. Form patties with 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoon meat.
- Crush another quarter box of the saltines into very fine crumbs, coat each meatball in the crumbs and gently flatten very slightly.
- Fry in reserved margarine, keeping margarine level in pan to at least 1/4 inch.
- Drain and enjoy.