1/3 Photos of Schnitzel With Mushroom Sauce
heather in Ont,'s Note:
I used pork for this recipe but you could also use chicken or turkey. It was a quick and easy recipe I found in the Canadian Living Magazine. The important thing is the kids loved it, and inexpensive to make. I used fresh mushrooms as I prefer them over canned. I served it with a side dish of the colored bow tie pasta and peas. I also bought prepared pork schnitzel from the butcher which saves a few steps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt and pepper
- 453.59 g pork cutlets or 453.59 g turkey cutlets or 453.59 g chicken cutlet
- 29.58 ml butter
- 709.77 ml white mushrooms or 709.77 ml cremini mushrooms
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 314.66 ml chicken stock
- 78.07 ml light sour cream
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley
- 1Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish, and press cutlet into flour mixture and turn to coat.
- 2Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- 3In skillet, melt butter over medium high heat; fry cutlet in batches and turning once, until a hint of pink remeains inside for pork cutlet, about 6 minutes (ensure there is no pink inside for turkey and chicken).
- 4Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- 5in same skillet, fry mushrooms and garlic until no liquid remains about 5 minutes.
- 6Add reserved flour mixture cook, stirring for approximately 1 minute.
- 7Stir in stock; bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 8Add sour cream and soy sauce and stir for about 1 minute.
- 9Pour over schnitzel and sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schnitzel With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 489.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper