Recipe by chia
quick dish to serve with potato pancakes, and red cabbage.
Top Review by BonnieZ
I made the veal version of this recipe and both DH & I enjoyed it. I halved the recipe and also scaled back a bit on the anchovies, solely to reduce the sodium content of the dish, and it worked quite well. The sauce is very piquant and served well with Chias baked latkes #48494 and steamed french beans. Thank you Chia for the simple recipe and a delightful change of pace.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 egg
- 4 veal cutlets (or use chicken)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can rolled anchovies over capers
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons snipped chives, divided
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- mix panko and paprika in a shallow dish.
- beat egg in a small dish.
- dip cutlets into egg then dredge in panko, coating completely.
- add 2 tbsp butter to a skillet, add veal and cook about 5 minutes per side, set aside.
- add remaining butter to skillet and anchovies, cook until brown and mash anchovies to blend into the butter.
- add wine and simmer until mixture reduces, 2-3 minutes.
- add 1 tbsp chives.
- spoon sauce over cutlets, serve with lemon wedges and sprinkle with remaining chives.