Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adopted recipe, that I have tweaked just a tiny bit. It really didn't need any extra work so I thank whoever it came from! Delicious and Easy!
- Fry schnitzel in fat until browned and remove from pan (keep warm).
- Add onions to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, scraping up any brown yummy bits as you go along.
- Add mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, stir and add the evaporated milk.
- Season to taste.
- Leave to cook, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over the schnitzel and serve.
A delicious main dish that will be requested again. I used boneless pork loin chops that were flattened to about 1/2 inch thick. These were served with Jazzed up Citrusy Beets and I Can't Believe It's Just Cabbage. Made for *ZWT6*
Made with pork schnitzels. I was worried it might taste too obviously like evaporated milk, but it didn't. I did add a little Tabasco, and some white wine, and added the schnitzel to the sauce at the end to rewarm it, but they were still tender and tasty. Served with mashed potato, I'd like to serve with spaetzle next time.
We made this for dinner last night and liked it. I used veal and portabella mushrooms. I thought it was easy to prepare and it came together quickly. I agree with other reviewers that it could have used more flavor, as both DH and I heavily seasoned ours with salt as a result. Maybe garlic and some herbs as another reviewer suggested could have done the trick.