Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
A hearty breakfast dish from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb ham, finely diced
- 4 onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk or 4 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan and fry ham in bacon drippings until cooked.
- Remove ham and add to bacon.
- Fry onions in drippings until translucent.
- Return meats to frying pan and mix with onion.
- Beat eggs; add milk and seasonings and pour over meat mixture.
- Stir and cook until eggs are done.
- Serve immediately on hot buttered toast.