Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very simple to make kebab. Low fat and healthy. I like to pour over my Low fat mushroom sauce and serve with a salad for a light healthy meal. Another recipe from my 'Food for the Heart' cookbook. *Note: You can also use little tomatoes, wedges of onion or chunks of red or green peppers for variation if liked.
- After trimming all visible fat from the meat, cut into 2cm wide strips lengthwise.
- Cut the mushrooms in halves.
- Thread a kebab stick (don't forget to soak these in water before using to stop them burning!) through one end of a strip of meat, followed by a mushroom half.
- Fold the meat back over the mushroom and through the stick.
- Continue in this way until all the meat has been zig-zgged around the mushrooms using as many sticks as needed.
- Grill/broil for 8-10 mins, turning each one frequently.
- Serve with a low fat sauce, or relish or pickle.
- * These can also be cooked on the barbecue.