Top Review by Jill4man
Simple and simply yummy! I was looking for something German to go with my little Octoberfest party I was having and I thought by the name this must be German ;-) Went to the farmers market and got the most beautiful green beans and this salad was simple and highlighted the beans wonderfully!! I used fresh dill and white onions...thanks!!
- 1 lb green beans, Fresh (Green beans should be sliced lengthwise (French Cut).)
- water, Boiling, Salted
- 1⁄4 cup stock (Stock is the water that the green beans were cooked in. (Not regular)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in boiling salted water until just tender.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and drain off the rest.
- Prepare sauce by combining vinegar, oil, reserved vegetable stock, onions, dill, and sugar; stir until blended.
- Pour mixture over beans; marinate several hours before serving.