Recipe by evelyn/athens
On a recent trip to Austria, this simple cheese 'spread' was much enjoyed, spread on good black bread, between hearty swigs of beer, while waiting for our mains to arrive.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
I will give this recipe 4 stars, because I was so ancious to make it, that I used ingredients I had on hand. Brie instead of Camenbert and reduced fat cream cheese. The result is very tasty, but I know that Camenbert has a more pronounced taste, but I can't find ripe/soft camenbert here1 :-( Made for "More Tan Sauerkraut...Tag"
- 300 g ripe camembert cheese
- 300 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon paprika (I have used smoked paprika at home with much success)
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped