Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is so easy to prepare and very tasty! My friends started eating it at their homes and their children are the ones that named it Schmidt Stew. They loved it.
- 10 -12 medium potatoes, sliced thin (no need to peel or cook)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 1 quart green beans, drained (save liquid)
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- Put raw ground beef in bottom of a crock pot.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- add potatoes alternately with onions.
- put beans on top of potatoes.
- add liquid and tomatoe soup together and pour over the beans.
- Cover and cook all afternoon.