Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
from the russian germans in the dakotas
- 1⁄2 lb ham
- 3 cups potatoes
- 3 sprigs summer savory
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- cook until tender a small ham bone or smoked ham cut into small piesce
- the last 1/2 hour before serving add potatoes
- add summer savory known as pepper weed in low german
- about 1/2 cup finely diced or ground carrots
- add 2 cans string beans or when season permits about a lb of fresh cut green beans
- when vegatables and meat are tender add sour cream and salt as desired.
Awesome! This will make you bring back something you never even took!