Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Try serving this "schmear" with some fresh bagels at your next brunch. You could add a tablespoon or so of fresh chopped dill or parsley or even a couples of tablespoons of drained capers, but I like it kept simple. For appetizers, serve the schmear along with cocktail-sized rye bread slices.
Top Review by Julie F
Yum! This was very good - and much handier than putting cream cheese on a bagel, THEN the salmon. I didn't have any scallions, but it is delicious just the same! Next time I'll make sure I have the scallions for added flavor.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 scallions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 -5 slices lox or 4 -5 slices smoked salmon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, work the cream cheese until it is smooth, turning off the motor and scraping down the sides of the work bowl several times.
- Add the scallions, lox, salt and pepper. Continue working the cream cheese mixture until it is blended (by the way, it is okay if there are some chunks of salmon in the mixture).
- Remove cream cheese mixture to a pretty container or small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Schmear on bagels, matzoh, or toasted pumpernickel or rye bread, or whatever you like.