1/1 Photo of Schlotzsky's "Original" Sandwich
Danny Beason's Note:
Recipe Quest Exported from MasterCook *
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Schlotzskys Sandwich Rolls
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package fast-rising active dry yeast
- 6 ounces warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, softened in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
The Large Original Sandwich
- 1/2 ounce garlic caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 ounce parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces honey cured ham slices
- 1 ounce cotto salami, slices
- 1 ounce genoa salami, slices
- 1 1/2 ounces marinated olives
- 1/2 ounce yellow mustard
- shredded lettuce
- tomato, slices
- white onion, slices
- 1In large mixing bowl combine warm water, sugar and yeast.
- 2Let stand about 5 minutes till very bubbly.
- 3With wire whisk add the rest with only 1 cup of the flour, beating to smooth dough.
- 4Beat in rest of flour till batter is thick and sticky but smooth, all flour being dissolved Divide dough between 5 oven-proof, Pam-sprayed, cornmeal dusted (let excess shake out) soup bowls (each 5" in diameter).
- 5OR FOR MORE authentic shape divide batter equally between 5 greased cans from 1-1/2 lb Dinty Moore Stew, insides also dusted in cornmeal.
- 6Cover each one in a square of Saran wrap sprayed in a bit of Pam and that side down.
- 7Let raise almost an hour or till above rim of bowls or cans.
- 8Discard Saran pieces.
- 9Bake on center rack of 375~ oven about 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- 10Let cool in containers on rack, spraying tops each in a bit of Pam while they cool to keep crusts soft.
- 11TO USE FOR SANDWICHES-slice in half horizontally and grill on lightly buttered hot griddle as you would for grilled cheese sandwich or broiler toast till golden.
- 12Spread garlic dressing over both sides of bun.
- 13Sprinkle parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese on bottom bun.
- 14Spread mustard and mozzarella cheese on top bun.
- 15Toast to melt cheese.
- 16Heat meats and place on buns with ham on bottom and salamis on top.
- 17Build with olives, tomato, lettuce and onion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schlotzsky's "Original" Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (966 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2222.5
- Calories from Fat 731
- Total Fat 81.2 g
- Saturated Fat 38.4 g
- Cholesterol 230.2 mg
- Sodium 4648.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 272.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 96.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: