1/4 Photos of Schlotzsky's Deli Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
This is a clone of the bread for Schlotsky's sandwich bread. It also makes wonderful toast. Schlotsky's is a chain delicatessen. I'm not sure where all their locations are but they are popular in Texas. See the recipe for the muffalata filling that is outstanding on this sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir water, sugar and yeast together and set aside.
- 2Dissolve baking soda in 1/2 tablespoon warm water in medium bowl.
- 3Add warm milk, salt and 1 cup flour; beat till smooth.
- 4Beat in yeast mixture and remaining flour (batter will be thick and sticky, but not as thick as normal bread batter).
- 5Spray two pie pans with cooking spray and dust with cornmeal.
- 6Divide dough and place in pie pans, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 375ºF and bake for 20 minutes till golden.
- 8Cool 1 hour and cut in fourths.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schlotzsky's Deli Bread
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 197.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g